Tuesday, October 05, 2004

VP Debate “what is wrong with a little flip flop now and then”

I just finished watching the VP debate. A few thoughts before I catch any of the commentary from others.

Perhaps it is because I watched the V.P. Debate on a blurry black and white television.
But I thought Cheney looked like a skull- He was the personification of death. I must admit that the talking skull is a good public speaker. Forked tongue and all. Dick really needs to climb out of the bunker more often and get some sun.

What is the cost of the war? Cheney's math was rather interesting. It seems as if it would be rather easy to find fault in his equation. I wonder how this will play out in the media over the next 24 hours.

Edwards only spoke about Kerry. Never about himself.

Tonights debate was only about civilized name calling. Next time I hear the word inaccuracies I will kill a kitten. OK, I wont kill a kitten but I might throw up.

The whole Cheney coalition casualty count was so unreal. Do Iraq's fighters fit into the coalition numbers like Dick suggests? I think Dick found a novel way to twist terminology and percentages. Some how he got the 90% number down to 50%. How will this play in tomorrows media?

Edwards repeats himself often.

Edwards has the lamest non thumbs up thumbs up hand gesture.

Are the Saudis to the democrats like Iraq is to the Republicans?

Edwards did not even try to defend himself against his absences from voting. Why?

Edwards lips and mouth are not in sync with the words coming out of his mouth.

Upon further thought I still think Dick looks like death personified.

They both picked on lawyers How can one go wrong picking on a lawyer?

At first Dicks elbows planted on the table with his hunched back really bothered me. But, by the end of the debate I realized that it was a smart move. They anchored him in a single place. Edwards moved way to much. I was starting to get sea sick.

We should call the talking skull slick dick.

On the topic of aids why did John not attack Bush on his unwillingness to supply condoms to third world country's?

Dick comes off perfectly as the elder statesmen. Edwards at a few moments reminded me of John Ritter.

The quote of the night came from our nice moderator. “what is wrong with a little flip flop now and then”

4 comments:

monster said...

It's interesting how I observed many of the same things as you while watching the debate. I found myself entranced everytime Edwards started with the non thumbs up hand gesturing. When I would snap back he would still be talking in circles and repeating himself. I wonder what's up with his attendance record...tsktsk. I honestly expected Cheney to kick ass in this debate. I know there was a CNN story on Friday about how Cheney has been practicing for this debate since August. I was pleased that Edwards held his own for parts of the debate. The statistic I saw right afterward was Edwards won (48%)the debate over Cheney (33%).

Unknown said...

Perhaps we should call him thumbless Edwards.

Jack Steiner said...

I think that it would be a stronger ticket if Edwards was running for POTUS and Kerry was his candidate for VP.

Edwards is just an easier guy to like and relate to.

Unknown said...

Almost anyone looks like a pal when you stand him up against Kerry.