Tuesday, October 12, 2004

Encyclopedia Brown

Does any of my readers remember the children's book series Encyclopedia Brown?

Encyclopedia Brown was a child detective that solved mysteries. Each mystery was only a few pages long. The other weekend I found an old copy at a used book sale. I read the entire book and only solved 2 of the mystery's. I can not believe how hard it was.

I am having a hard time believing that I enjoyed these as a child.

Has anyone gone back and reread any of these books? Do children still find delight in these?

2 comments:

Abigail Brayden said...

Yes! I remember those books, though I couldn't find very many in my local library. So I remember watching the Encyclopedia Brown TV Show and now that you mention it, I do remember that it did have really complex mysteries. I guess he was a higher caliber detective then Nancy Drew :)

Jack Steiner said...

I remember them. There was a kid in my class who loved them so much he wanted to be called "Dictionary Don." We just called him "Dick" for short.

Ok, bad joke, but yest I do remember them, fondly.