Friday, September 03, 2004

magic switch

It is a struggle to limit my sons television viewing. He knows how to turn on the television, change channels and play with the volume. Not to long ago I was forced to add a “magic switch” to thwart his efforts to watch T.V. This switch is located out of sight and turns off the power to everything plugged in on that wall. Now, he keeps looking at the switch and pointing at it and turning back toward the blank T.V. I fear he has almost figured out how to turn the power back on.

What do I do now?

It is hard to bargain with a two year old that has found his will before learning to talk.

On a positive note last night when his Train video ended and George Bush popped up on the screen my son jumped up and turned the T.V. Off. I guess my little non-talker does not wish to listen as politicians shove fear down his throat.

3 comments:

Jack Steiner said...

A "Magic switch." We used to have one of those and then my 3.5 year-old proved yet again that he is smarter than I am and figured out a way around it. Good luck with that. Kids are great, but they do test you.

Unknown said...

Thanks-
I am thinking about putting up a whole series of switches on power strips.

Jack Steiner said...

Now there is an idea that I hadn't thought of. It might work in my house. :)