Thursday, September 09, 2004

Pizza and credit cards

Dear Papa Johns

You Have done a great job on the whole “corporate brand” concept. Your dress code for your drivers is nice and not all that degrading to your underpaid workers. It is nice that you are able to deliver you pizza's in a timely manner while still warm.

But, why do your employees not have the proper equipment to take a simple credit card?

Why is you nicely dressed (corporate branded) employee forced to pull a pencil out of his pocket and place my credit card against my door and scratch like a madman. All this just to get an imprint of a card. I know they make portable pocket sized imprinters just for this purpose. (Here is a link to one)

Better yet, Why take the imprint anyway? Amazon, Ebay and other company's do not have the UPS driver imprint my card. The nice UPS lady in her brown uniform does not use my front door as a piece of standard business equipment.

Perhaps this is some type of fraud? Are your underpaid drivers are stealing my information and using it for fraudulent activity? Perhaps you should look into this.

My guess is that a smooth credit card process will help your drivers by letting them drive around town with less cash on hand. Less cash means less opportunity for armed robbery's. Less robbery's means less blood on your nice uniforms. Oh- yea I am sure employee safety is important to your company.

No comments: