Monday, March 07, 2005

I guess we will have to dump my next paycheck into the therapy jar

The other day my wife decided to help my son along with his potty training by showing him where poop goes. She took him and his soiled diaper into the bathroom and with great ceremony dumped the poop into the toilet and with much fun, song, and dance they flushed the toilet.

Let us pause for a second. She found this idea in a potty training book and it made sense as a great way to introduce him to the toilet and the process of what to do when using the toilet.

What happened? What went so terribly wrong that now I need to drop my paycheck into the therapy jar?

When they flushed the toilet the flush handle got stuck and the water continued to run. At the same time the toilet became plugged and started to overflow. This cause much panic, yelling, and confusion. Now I have to start saving money for the future therapy sessions.

In all reality, I think he forgot about the whole thing a few seconds after it happened and the only person truly traumatized by this unfortunate event is my wife and the hallway carpet that got soaked.

Note: the handle still gets stuck when we flush

3 comments:

majqa said...

This sounds like a toilet Tort / product liability case. You should sue the builder of the house (always sue them - I used to be a contractor so I know), the manufacturer of the toilet (another deep pocket), the plumber, and maybe the carpet company while you are at it. Given the mental harm and anguish caused by the poorly made house, toilet and carpet, a properly pled case will fill that therapy jar to the brim.

Yes. I'm kidding. Sort of. Well... oh God. I hope I'm kidding. Maybe I better start my own jar.

Unknown said...

MajQa'-- My house is 50 years old-- at this point the only blame can fall squarely on me. You might need your Therapy jar to pay for law school.

Unknown said...

Voodoo- It is alrady starting. I am sure more than a few toys will get flushed. The problem is we have a one bathroom place. If anything jams we are in trouble.