Wednesday, August 25, 2004

Starbucks

Why do they find a need to shake my iced coffee and tea? It used to be so simple. I would go in and order an iced coffee and they would give it to me. Now they have to waste time and shake it. Why?

The other day they were out of Iced Coffee. They told me they had not made a new batch. I asked them to put ice in a cup and pour hot coffee over it. The guy behind the counter looked at me as if I were crazy. It seems like a rather simple request compared to all the strange things other people order. Well Mr. Starbucks just had this blank stare. Eventually I was able to persuade him to give me a cup of Ice to go with my cup of hot coffee. On the plus side he did give me the ice in one of the “for here” ceramic cups. (Actually, I think they call it a “to here” cup)

For a company that strives to be environmentally friendly, one would think they would let people know that they have ceramic cups on hand for people that are drinking their coffee on site.

No comments: