Sunday, November 06, 2005

A few things I forgot to mention over the last few weeks:

Last weekend I celebrated my 36 th birthday with pizza and beer at BJ.s pizza. BJ's used to be well known for great pizza but, that all changed when they added a brewery. Now they have great beer and bad pizza. Luckily a good stout will numb the tongue and make the pizza taste better. We had a great time and some good beer. I stuck with the stout but the dark porter with its molasseses flavor was tempting me all night.

For my birthday I got a new printer. (project gutenberg here I come). www.gutenberg.org/
I also got a two volume set of the collected letters of C.S. Lewis. (I am a sucker for books of letters).

I also found and purchased a quality pair of non-leather hiking shoes. We lucked out and found them on clearance at REI for less than 40 dollars. They are a great pair of shoes and the perfect birthday gift.

I have been doing a lot of walking and hiking over the last month. The new office job is cutting into my 10,000 steps program. At old job I walked about a mile for every hour I worked. The new job will have almost no walking.

3 comments:

Julie said...

happy birthday, mquest! thank goodness for great beer.

Irina Tsukerman said...

Belated happy birhday! : ) (And many happy returns)

Anonymous said...

Happy belated!