Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Dogs of war a family snapshot


Dogs of war a family snapshot
Originally uploaded by mquest foto.
Just as we have two eyes and two feet, duality is part of life.
Carlos Santana

Heaven is under our feet as well as over our heads.
Henry David Thoreau

But I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.
William Butler Yeats

It is better to die on your feet than to live on your knees.
Emiliano Zapata

Few people know how to take a walk. The qualifications are endurance, plain clothes, old shoes, an eye for nature, good humor, vast curiosity, good speech, good silence and nothing too much.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Angels cry because they want to experience what you and I feel: the moment. They live in eternity. They don't know what it is like to read a newspaper and get ink on your fingers. They don't know what it is like to take your shoes off and wiggle your toes under the dinner table.
Carlos Santana

Art is like baby shoes. When you coat them with gold, they can no longer be worn.
John Updike

The civilized man has built a coach, but has lost the use of his feet.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

4 comments:

monster said...

It looks like you have more shoes than me....and that is just so wrong in soooooooo many ways!

Unknown said...

A4G- We on the left to not need hacks and talk show cheerleaders to show us how to think about politics. We do however need a few thousand rock stars to give us theme songs to sing. (not sure where this is going)

Back to Chuck- Great cheep shoes that dry out quickly while making me look like a old fool. Was chuck a great prophet or a great life stlye Guru?

Monster- I may have a lot of shoes but my choices ate limited to colors and not styles.

Julie said...

I just got both of my kids the black ones with flames this weekend... Oh, how little they appreciate monocolored Chucks like I had...

Unknown said...

Every few years Chuck and I return back to being popular